Wednesday, February 22, 2012

travel


Most people get car sick, boat sick, or are terrified of flying on airplanes. I personally love travelling. The idea of being thrown into another country and experience complete culture shock is very appealing to me. I have been flying since I was three years old, thanks to being a Navy brat, so I have been accustomed to that mode of transportation- it’s actually my favorite.
I’ve been to countries in Southeast Asia because that is where my dad and the boat, the USS Kitty Hawk, went. We went to Australia, Singapore, Korea, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Guam, and a couple of other countries. I enjoy learning new things about each country, especially the “weird” things. For example, one could get fined for spitting out your gum out on the road in Singapore; in Singapore, a woman is not allowed to just leave her purse anywhere, she must take it with her wherever she goes. Another example would be that in Australia, they do not know what “ketchup” is, but they call it “tomato sauce.”
Even when I visited America every other summer when I was younger when I lived in Japan, I would find something so weird to me that I could not wait to share with my friends back home. For example, I found it so weird that America had such big movie theatres with multiple rooms because the ones where I lived were just small and only had one screen. Another thing I found weird was “Dip n Dots” ice cream. I was so obsessed! I got it every single day of my vacation. I had never seen anything like it before and it tasted so good!
Now that I’m more grown up, the list of countries I would like to visited has only grown. I want to go to London, Spain, Portugal, Egypt, Dubai, China, Russia, and so much more. I am so excited to get around and travel; I just don’t know when I would go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment