Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Nowadays, no one actually uses or has a blog in which other people actually read. We're told to write about anything, but to be honest I'm kind of shy because I have nothing interesting to say or I might bore people. But here I go ...
My name is Irene Burgos. I am an only child, but I have a huge extended family. People don't really know what nationality I am; I get either Korean, Japanese, Cambodian, or even Chinese. I am 100% Filipino. My life has been ... I guess one can say, "out of the ordinary." My dad was in the Navy for about 26 years, and in that time, my family and I were fortunate enough to be stationed in Japan for over 10 years. However, no, I cannot speak a word of Japanese. Every summer or winter break of my life, up until I was 14, I have been traveling. My mom and I loved to follow my dad whenever he left on the boat. We've traveled to Australia, Hong Kong, Bahrain, Korea, Guam, Malaysia, Singapore, and a couple of other countries in the Southeast. I officially moved back to the United States the summer before 9th grade. -_- In middle school and continued through high school, I played volleyball, softball, and field hockey; I was a captain for my teams since 10th grade.  
Now, I'm a sophomore and currently a nursing major. I chose to do nursing because my mom was such an influence on me and I saw she enjoyed her job as a RN. To be completely honest, I have not spent an entire weekend here at school; I either go to College Park to hang out with my boyfriend and friends over there or I go home. I am really friendly and I enjoy meeting new people. I love organizing events, being busy, and having people depend on me.




.... And that's pretty much it.

No comments:

Post a Comment